You are here

Our Buildings
Our Buildings
We are very proud that Victoria Primary is the oldest school which is still operational. The original school was built in 1844 and it was extended in 1875.

The main school building is three storeys high.  On the ground floor is the Gym Hall, the Dining Hall, Non-Fiction Library, Head Teacher’s Office and School Office. There are four classrooms on the first floor, around our balcony, which belong to P3, P3/4, P4 and Support for Learning as well as our ICT suite.  P5, P6 and P7 can be found on the second floor.  Around our stairwells we have our sensory 'Bubble Room', the Fiction Library, the Depute Head Teacher's Office, Business Manager's Office and the Staff Room.

The Anchor Building opened in August 2014 and is located in the playground.  It's contempory architecture both contrasts with, and compliments, the imposing and grand Victorian main building.  The two semi open plan classrooms currently house P1.  This allows for a flexible and exciting teaching space which encourages team teaching and group work.  Primary 2 can also be found in the Anchor Building.  Opening up from these areas are our ‘Outdoor Classrooms’ where pupils can take their learning outdoors.

The school premises are used by Community groups on most evenings.  Activities include Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Community choir.

We are currently in the process of redeveloping our School grounds.  Our playground holds an exciting mix of open play-space, a football pitch, a quiet zone and an ‘urban meadow’ (a green space of wild grasses and flowers to encourage wildlife and grow flowers and vegetables).  This redevelopment is on-going and is happening with the help of our local community.